Monday, July 13, 2009

lane cooper blogs on politics, philosophy and society


A friend asked me to what end, other than the expression of my own compulsions, do I pursue “blogging” as an enterprise? He said, “How does it advance you or your position?”

In answer to that:

This blog is a space for my philosophical, political and social musings. The lack of an editor or other body to which I must answer provides a freedom in my writing. It is writing for the sake of writing; thinking for the sake of thinking; a practice that I cultivate for the ideas and the writing themselves.

I imagine an audience. I do not dissuade or forbid an audience, in fact it could be said that I wish for an audience, believing as I do the subjects that I turn my attention toward should be of broader interest. Yet it is a practice, like meditation, which I do to cultivate those faculties on which it depends.

2 comments:

psychoticartists said...

yummy

psychoticartists said...

extroverts can be such party poopers, judging the value of creativity by how it "advances your position" in the outer world?!? I deny extroversion's reign by using a pseudonym. In a outer reality destined for doom introversion is the only sanctuary!